- Inspired by Portland’s makers and local businesses?
- Passionate about creating community and helping others?
- Excited about a dynamic work environment that embraces creativity and innovation?
- Relational and enjoy making new connections while building meaningful relationships?
- A collaborative person with a desire to work with a team?
If you answered yes to these questions, we want to talk with you!
This is a temporary position to cover while an employee is on leave. The time frame is the last week of July through the beginning of November 2021. The ideal candidate is committed to community building; an effective and creative communicator, skilled in connecting with diverse audiences across multiple channels; customer service pro; successful multi-tasker and innovative team-player focused on getting the job done. In addition, the Community Engagement and Communications Manager must be exceptionally motivated, responsible and solutions-oriented. The position requires excellent organizational skills, strong attention to detail, computer fluency, flexibility, creativity, a great sense of humor and commitment to Central Eastside’s mission and values.
Since 1979, the Central Eastside Industrial Council (CEIC) has supported the Central Eastside Industrial District which contains 1,400 businesses that provide 20,000 jobs. The Community Engagement and Communications Manager works with the Executive Director and the rest of the CEIC team to foster a safe district, enhance the pedestrian experience, reinforce economic viability and promote Central Eastside’s unique identity through innovative and responsive programs.
Manage Community Engagement Events – ensure all community engagement activities engage the district’s diverse stakeholders and volunteers: annual membership campaign launch, monthly volunteer clean-ups, and September member networking event, among others
Manage Brand and Communications – coordinate cohesive messaging across channels; follow communication standards and annual editorial calendar; generate original content; maintain website and social media accounts; secure consistent positive earned media coverage for Central Eastside and its members
Market and Promote District – promote Central Eastside activities, events, businesses, identity and economic impact; continue ongoing marketing campaigns for shopping local and sidewalk and transportation management services; attend business district events; work with external partners including Prosper Portland, Travel Portland, Travel Oregon and Venture Portland to promote district
Newsletter – write and produce monthly photo-rich e-newsletter and as needed district alerts; grow newsletter subscriber list and ensure all stakeholders receive communications; assess subscriber/readership metrics and trend
Social Media post consistently; increase followers, engagement and reach; tell district story through photos/video; monitor accounts to ensure timely response to engagement; promote members/stakeholders with spotlight and/or interview posts.
Website–regularly update site including member pages; post newsletters and link to social media accounts
Explore District – spend time ‘in the field’ to understand the unique needs of Central Eastside’s diverse mix of businesses, industries, creatives, makers, manufacturers, property owners and community and government stakeholders and design appropriate communications and community engagement events and tools
Attend CEIC and ESD Board meetings – report on communications activities and community engagement programs; report performance metrics and ensure clear communication of
Assist Executive Director with all other duties as requested
- Passion for Central Eastside’s diverse businesses, industries, creatives, makers and manufacturers and commitment to Central Eastside’s mission and values
- Proven ability to set priorities and work efficiently and effectively in a frequently busy and deadline-driven environment; capable of adjusting quickly to changing conditions
- Consummate professional with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to problem-solve with spirit of innovation; strong interest in coming to work and creating your job on a daily basis
- Excellent communication skills including public speaking, material production and writing, editing and proofreading; proven ability to engage and communicate effectively with diverse audiences and across multiple channels; capacity to understand the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community; graphic design skills a plus
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills including ability to work independently, as a team player and with diverse constituents; proven customer service expertise
- Commitment to serving, supporting and growing membership
- Proven computer skills including in-depth knowledge of Excel and Microsoft Office; experience working with relational databases (CRM implementation/management experience), PowerPoint, WordPress and design software a plus
- Flexible schedule to work occasional early mornings, nights and weekends
- At least 3 years communications and non-profit experience including program/project management, volunteer and community engagement, data tracking and establishing/ reporting performance metrics, advocacy and public policy
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Drivers License and ability to transport materials to events required
Central Eastside Industrial Council is an equal opportunity employer.
Central Eastside Industrial Council (CEIC) $4,580-$5,000/mo, commensurate with experience
Temporary: 3.5 month position
Full-time Monday-Friday, Occasional Nights/Weekends Supervisor: Executive Director
Submit a compelling cover letter outlining your passion for, and fit with, the position. Please also provide a complete chronological resume, and the names and contact information for three references to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Central Eastside: Community Engagement” in the subject line no later than July 15, 2021.