June 2017 Minutes
Merchants & Makers Minutes June 2017
- First Friday Art Walk- The East Creative Collective is an newly organized group of artists and artisans within the East Creative Building on 211 SE Madison. They have recently begun having our first First Friday group opening. They are now going to close down the street in front of their space (Madison/Main from Water to MLK) as the event expands in their area, 6-9pm the First Friday of every month from May to September, beginning August 4th 2017.
- Interest in making Art Passports as a promotional tool for First Friday
- CEIC Membership & Events presentation: a representative from the CEIC Karen Siegle proposed networking event with local makers sharing food and drink, Thirsty Thursdays free networking event at local bars, a Central Eastside walk
- Business Watch training- sign up if you have done a training yet. Your info will be passed on to Mark Wells from the City’s Office of Neighborhood Involvement who can coordinate setting up the trainings
- PDX Reporter: Use the pdx reporter app to report vandalism, graffiti, etc
- Map & Membership: Become a member of the CEIC. They are having a membership drive, new members get membership through end of 2018. If you have a visitor related business and are a CEIC member, you can have a free listing on a neighborhood map to be distributed in November. Contact email@example.com for more info. Also, check out CEIC’s new website.
- Water Ave Closures: There will be more marathons and walks on our side of the river, due to police shortages. This may sometimes affect the use of Water Ave. We are currently working on a way to get better communication on these closures.
- District Promotion & Press: Bridgid will arrange for a Venture Portland workshop if enough people are interested.
Next Meeting July 11th at Carmella’s Lounge