Passes available now for November 2021, sign up by October 15, 2021
Due to the impact of COVID-19, CEIC has decided to provide more flexibility to the Central Eastside Commuter Pass offer. Until further notice from CEIC, all eligible participants can use their passes for 6 months anytime during the calendar year, rather than the original policy of 6 consecutive months per year.
Participants who must reapply in 2021: 1.) Those who signed up before December and haven’t used their passes by the end of the calendar year 2.) Those who used the discount for 6 months in 2020. Please keep the Hop Pass card TriMet sent you if you would like to reapply in 2021.
The Central Eastside Commuter Pass — created by the Central Eastside Industrial Council (CEIC) Transportation & Parking Advisory Committee (TPAC), Portland Bureau of Transportation (PBOT) and TriMet — is a Hop Pass that you can activate for up to six consecutive months for only $17 each month that you plan to ride TriMet services.
1. Available to residents and employees in the Central Eastside Industrial Parking District (Zones G & N)
2. Not available to individuals participating in a PCC or TriMet Universal Pass program*
* However, you may still be eligible for a 2021 Transportation Wallet
How to get your Central Eastside Commuter Pass:
- Apply here (rules and restrictions apply)
- Receive your Commuter Pass Hop card in the mail
- Register your Hop card at myhopcard.com by entering the 16-digit code on the back of the card and the 6-digit “Employee ID Code” emailed to you by the Central Eastside Industrial Council.
- Activate your monthly pass by paying $17 by the 10th day of each month
Continue activating your pass by the 10th of each month that you plan to use it (for up to six months total).
Commuter Pass FAQ
How is the Central Eastside Commuter Pass different than my current Hop Card?
The Central Eastside Commuter Pass is a discounted pass you add to a new Hop card mailed to you by TriMet. Only individuals who work and/or live in the Central Eastside Industrial District (see map above) can activate this pass for $17 per month — that’s an 83% discount!
- Can I buy more than one Commuter Pass per calendar year?
No, you may only purchase one Commuter Pass per calendar year.
- Where can I ride with the Central Eastside Commuter Pass?
Your pass allows you to ride TriMet busses, MAX Light Rail, WES Commuter Rail and the Portland Streetcar. Plus, the Central Eastside Commuter Pass can be used on C-Tran Limited buses that travel either to TriMet’s Delta/Vanport or Parkrose Transit Centers where riders may transfer to a TriMet vehicle. For C-Tran Express, you will need to load additional funds to your card.
- How do I activate my Central Eastside Commuter Pass?
Visit myhopcard.com to register the new Hop card mailed to you by TriMet. Enter the 16-digit code on the back of the card along with the 6-digit “Employee ID Code” emailed to you by the Central Eastside Industrial Council. Then pay $17 by the 10th day of each month to activate your pass for the current month. Your discount will be valid for a total of six months.
- What happens if I do not activate my Central Eastside Commuter pass by the 10th of the month?
If you have not activated your pass online at myhopcard.com by the 10th of the month, you won’t be able to use it during the current month (and you will not be charged the $17). You will be able to activate it again during the following month for $17 to ride the following month.
- Can I add the Central Eastside Commuter Pass to a Hop Card I already own?
No. You must complete this application, and then TriMet will send you a new card to activate as a Central Eastside Commuter Pass.
- What if I have a balance on a Hop Card or a virtual Hop Pass?
The Central Eastside Commuter Pass cannot be added to any existing account, or transferred between accounts.
- Can I load my Central Eastside Commuter Pass onto my phone?
Not at this time. You’ll need to tap your card on the reader to board.
- What if I lose my Central Eastside Commuter Pass?
If your registered Hop card is ever lost or stolen, log into your account ASAP on TriMet.org and choose “Report Lost or Stolen” or call 1-844-MYHOPCARD (694-6722).
- If I buy a Central Eastside Commuter Pass, can I still buy a Transportation Wallet?
Yes! If you work or live in the district, you can purchase one of each per calendar year.
Additional questions or suggestions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have additional questions or need assistance, email email@example.com — we’re here to help.