Looking for additional safety resources? Visit our Community Safety Resources.
Looking for additional community resources beyond just safety? Visit our Community Resources.
SAFETY FOR ALL:
Provided by NW Enforcement
Hours: Daily, 8:30 AM – 3:30 AM
- Care Team: 8:30 AM – 7:30 PM
- Safety for All Ambassadors: 4:30 PM – 3:30 AM
Phone: 503-236-6830 EXT. 702
Service Area: Zones 1 – 7
A Waiver form must be filled out for some Safety for All services.
Though our Safety for All team is able to help with a variety of issues and concerns for the community there are times where another community resource may make more sense. View our Community Safety Resource page to learn more.
Safety Ambassadors (4 – 6 daily)
- Safety for All Ambassadors are unarmed and will not carry weapons of any kind.
- Safety for all Ambassadors will not physically move anyone.
- Central Eastside Together and all service providers do not participate in “sweeps”.
- If a waiver form is filled out our Safety for All Ambassadors will verbally ask people to voluntarily move who are on private property.
- If people are blocking the right-of-way Safety Ambassadors will verbally ask people to voluntarily move out of the right-of-way.
- Safety Ambassadors are able to offer water, dog food, snacks, and lists of resources to houseless community members.
- We will be tracking a situational protocol that was created with city staff and community partners, demonstrating the prioritization of de-escalation techniques being utilized as well as the number of emergency calls or dispatches being made.
- Safety Ambassadors are available for chaperones for all people, both people living outside and in need of accompaniment to transportation, work, or home.
- Safety Ambassadors work closely with CEIC staff on a daily basis, including sending daily and monthly reports with details on all interactions. Reports will be made public on a monthly basis.
Outreach Ambassadors (3) and Care Coordinator (1)
- Care Coordinator supervises the Outreach Ambassadors.
- Outreach Ambassadors and Care Coordinators will work Monday-Saturday during the day.
- They will accompany Safety Ambassadors when needed to offer resources to houseless community members.
- Services requested by houseless community members will be tracked and will be followed up on to ensure success.