There are a limited amount of passes available, so apply soon.
Please note that applying for a pass does not guarantee receipt of one.
Now Available for Commuter Pass Benefits starting in April.
Ride TriMet services unlimited for $17 per month if you work or live in the Central Eastside Industrial District!
The Central Eastside Commuter Pass — created by the Central Eastside Industrial Council (CEIC) Transportation & Parking Advisory Committee (TPAC), Portland Bureau of Transportation (PBOT) and TriMet — is a Hop Pass that you can activate for up to six consecutive months for only $17 each month that you plan to ride TriMet services.
1. Available to residents and employees in the Central Eastside Industrial Parking District (Zones G & N)
2. Not available to individuals participating in a PCC or TriMet Universal Pass program*
* However, you may still be eligible for a 2020 Transportation Wallet
Get to, from and around the district as easily and affordably as possible: get your Central Eastside Commuter Pass today!
About the Central Eastside Commuter Pass :
How to get your Central Eastside Commuter Pass:
- Apply here (rules and restrictions apply)
- Receive your Commuter Pass Hop card in the mail
- Register your Hop card at myhopcard.com
- Activate your monthly pass by paying $17 by the 10th day of each month
- Remember to activate your pass each month (for 6 consecutive months) by the 10th.
- Enjoy your ride!
Commuter Pass FAQ
- How is the Central Eastside Commuter Pass different than a Hop Card?
The Central Eastside Commuter Pass is actually a Hop Card that individuals who work and/or live in the district (see map above) can activate for $17 per month — that’s a 83% discount!
- How can I use the Central Eastside Commuter Pass?
Your Central Eastside Commuter Pass works just like a TriMet Hop Card.
- Can I buy more than one Commuter Pass per calendar year?
No, you may only purchase one Commuter Pass per person per calendar year.
- Where can I ride with the Central Eastside Commuter Pass?
Your pass allows you to ride any TriMet busses, Max and the Portland Streetcar!
- How do I activate my Central Eastside Commuter Pass?
Visit myhopcard.com to register your pass, and to pay $17 by the 10th day of each month to activate your pass for the current month. This offer is valid for six consecutive months once you submit your application.
- What happens if I do not activate my Central Eastside Commuter pass by the 10th of the month?
If you have not activated your pass online at myhopcard.com by the 10th of the month, you won’t be able to use it during the current month and you will not be charged the $17. You will be able to activate it again during the following month for $17 to ride the following month, but your pass will still expire at the end of six consecutive months.
- Can I add the Central Eastside Commuter Pass to a Hop Card I already own?
No. You must complete this application, and then TriMet will send you a new card to activate as a Central Eastside Commuter Pass.
- What if I have a balance on a Hop Card or my virtual Hop Pass?
The Central Eastside Commuter Pass cannot be added to any existing account, or transferred between accounts.
- Can I load the Central Eastside Commuter Pass onto my phone?
Not at this time. You’ll need to tap your card on the reader to board.
- What if I lose my Central Eastside Commuter Pass?
If your registered Hop card is ever lost or stolen, log into your account ASAP on TriMet.org and choose “Report Lost or Stolen” or call 1-844-MYHOPCARD (694-6722).
- If I buy a Central Eastside Commuter Pass, can I still buy a Transportation Wallet?
Yes! If you work or live in the district, you can purchase one of each per calendar year.
If you have additional questions or need assistance, email email@example.com — we’re here to help.