There is so much heartbreak, fear, and bad news all around us. However, as Mr. Rogers famously said:
“When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, “Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.”
And there are so many of you who are helpers. We want to highlight all of the good that is happening here in the Central Eastside.
- Purchase beer from Hopworks Urban Brewery and they’ll donate the money to LOOPTWORKS to make PPE for Central City Concern.
- So many restaurants offering free meals to kids and sliding scale payments for everyone. Thank you to these Central Eastside Restaurants:
- Dennis Uniform Manufacturing Company has donated over 15,000 masks to medical workers in the area and they are still making more.
- Pacific Coast Sign Supply is offering FREE “We’re Open for take-out” signs to any Central Eastside Business who would like one.
- At Office Depot (323 SE MLK BLVD) you can donate water bottles for our Safety For All team to give to our houseless neighbors.
- Jupiter Hotel has partnered with Multnomah County and the City to host a homeless shelter. All of the hotel’s 81 rooms will be used to house people experiencing homelessness who are sick but have yet to test positive for COVID-19.
- Plaza Del Toro has opened their community kitchen to provide meals to Portlanders facing food insecurity. You can sponsor meals to help support
- Many Central Eastside Restaurants are working with Multnomah County to provide meals to the emergency shelters. Thank you:
- Our Partner, Portland Street Art Alliance, is working to create art pieces out of the boarded up businesses.
- VT To You, VT Groups new delivery service allows customers to sponsor a meal for medical workers.