We know that COVID-19 will have lasting effects on Portland Businesses.
The Central Eastside Industrial Council is committee to providing you with the most up to date information on all the resources and support available to your business & employees.
Our Safety for All Team is has created tips for business owners to keep their business safe during COVID-19.
The Central Eastside Industrial Council is advocating for you. We have sent the following letters to elected officials:
- CEIC Commercial Tenant/Property Owner Support
- Portland Regional Business Leaders Economic Impact of COVID-19
Due to COVID-19 Merchants and Makers will be meeting virtually you can view recordings of presentations and meeting below:
- March 31 [Prosper Portland & SBA Presentation]
- 0:00 – 30:00 – SBA Presentation
- 30:00 – 47:55 – Prosper Portland Presentation
Governor Kate Brown has issued an executive order temporary moratorium on commercial leases. You can read to the entire order here.
- Prosper Portland Small Business Relief Grant will provide grants and no interest loans to support Portland small businesses experiencing hardships related to COVID-19. Application closes Wed, April 1, 2020.
- Paycheck Protection Program: Small businesses can receive forgivable loans through the newly-created Paycheck Protection Program to address important payroll and operational costs. The federal government has guaranteed these loans, so no personal guarantee or collateral will be required.
- Available April 3rd through an SBA lender. List of Oregon Banks offering lending.
- We encourage all businesses and organizations to look into their business insurance, in some cases you may have pandemic coverage. For more information on this PDX Monthly has put together an article.
- Per Governor Kate Brown Disaster Relief Funding via the US Small Business Association should be available for the entire state next week.
- Oregon Community Foundation have created a rapid-response fund for community organizations.
- Useful information for those without an online store or gift certificates on their websites. You can learn how to sell gift certificates at this link.
- Facebook announced a $100 Million Small Business Grant Program. Learn more here.
- Worksystems is making $200,000 in funds available to help avert imminent layoffs or furloughs as a result of the COVID-19 economic crisis, or to bring back workers who have been laid off or furloughed as a result of the COVID-19 economic crisis.
Information for Employees Including Layoffs / Unemployment:
- The state of Oregon has created an information page for businesses navigating COVID-19. This includes information on layoffs, unemployment insurance, and closures.
- Trying to figure out what Unemployment vs Employee Sick Leave will cover? View this graphic to learn the difference.
- Looking for all the details on sick leave and FMLA? View this graphic to learn more.
- The CDC has created a workplace protocol for COVID-19. This includes guides and graphics to share with your employees and advice on many different situations.
- PCC & SBDC have created protocol guidelines for businesses to use during COVID-19.
- Multnomah County has created workplace guidelines for COVID-19. This includes information to share with employees, symptoms to look for and suggests on how to keep your workplace safe.
- Multnomah County and the City of Portland are asking businesses to hang this poster up on their door.
Business Community Resources:
- Business Oregon has the most up to date resources available via their Small Business Resource Navigation.
- Oregon Economic Development Association has created a list of resources for navigating COVID-19.
- Connecting Dots is a website for founders in need of short-term help to connect and share information.
- Oregon Entrepreneurs Network will connect businesses in need with members of its network. Email email@example.com.
- Greater Portland has an extensive list of business resources available.
- Sign-Up for Prosper Portland, the Cities Economic and Urban Development Agency email list.
- Business for a Better Portland has launched a platform for Asks / Offers that are COVID-19 related.
- The newly formed Portland Independent Restaurant Alliance PIRA is doing great work and has great resources to check here.
- RACC (Regional Arts and Culture Council) is assessing the needs of the arts community. Check out their survey here.