SAFETY FOR ALL:
Provided by NW Enforcement
Hours: Daily, 2:30 PM – 1:00 AM
Phone: 503-236-6830 EXT. 702
Service Area: Zones 1 – 7
A Waiver form must be filled out for some Safety for All services.
Safety Ambassadors (4 – 6 daily)
- Safety for All Ambassadors are unarmed and will not carry weapons of any kind.
- Safety for all Ambassadors will not physically move anyone.
- Central Eastside Together and all service providers do not participate in “sweeps”.
- If a waiver form is filled out our Safety for All Ambassadors will verbally ask people to voluntarily move who are on private property.
- If people are blocking the right-of-way Safety Ambassadors will verbally ask people to voluntarily move out of the right-of-way.
- Safety Ambassadors are able to offer water, dog food, snacks, and lists of resources to houseless community members.
- We will be tracking a situational protocol that was created with city staff and community partners, demonstrating the prioritization of de-escalation techniques being utilized as well as the number of emergency calls or dispatches being made.
- Safety Ambassadors are available for chaperones for all people, both people living outside and in need of accompaniment to transportation, work, or home.
- Safety Ambassadors work closely with CEIC staff on a daily basis, including sending daily and monthly reports with details on all interactions. Reports will be made public on a monthly basis.
Outreach Ambassadors (2) and Care Coordinator (1)
- Care Coordinator supervises the Outreach Ambassadors.
- Outreach Ambassadors and Care Coordinators will work Monday-Saturday during the day.
- They will accompany Safety Ambassadors when needed to offer resources to houseless community members.
- Services requested by houseless community members will be tracked and will be followed up on to ensure success.